Excitement was in the air at the boys and girls club so close to Halloween. I spent most of snack discussing costume ideas and debating which monsters were really the coolest. I was rather tired due to another late night and early morning combo, but I still enjoyed all of the Halloween excitement.
I decided to go into the art room, where they were doing water color paintings of their costumes. I am not much of an artist, but I sat down next to a boy who was excited to talk to me and willing to share his paint. He started to paint his spiderman costume, as I began to paint my Peter Pan and we talked about different things. I heard about his recent move to Boise, and his older rebellious teen sister while I painted a pirate ship and remembered how stressful being a kid could be sometimes. The only difference is that when kids get stressed, they are able to push that aside and still have fun.
After our time in the art room was up, I head over to the teen center. I had never been in there and was actually quite nervous. The windows were tinted and all of the kids were almost my age and didn't want a fun older role model. So I grabbed another employee I had become friends with an dragged her in with me. Inside there was a pool table, TV, and gaming system set up. Most of the teens were sitting around the TV watching a movie so I joined in and made some small talk. It was nice to relax before I had to go back to schoolwork.
No comments:
Post a Comment