Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Boys and Girls Club November 4th

I walked into the Boys and Girls club this day with less enthusiasm then desired. I had a million other things on my mind, as I was leaving the next morning and still had a million other things to take care of. I tried to shove that aside as I began to talk to some kids playing bumper pool.
The bell rang for assembly and the kids were particularly rowdy. It took then forever and a half to be quiet, so we ended up spending much of our time sitting in that duct tape square. They were punished with 2 minutes of silence, and some kids were sent to the office. Eventually they were set free, and began to run about the gam room.
 I headed for the corner table where some kids were coloring and decided to join them. We all drew our dream houses and I found it rather therapeutic to sit and color. I talked to some kids about their day and we all exchanged dream houses.
Before I knew it a bell was ringing and kids started to leave. I asked a volunteer what was going on, and she said it was a holiday for the kids and that the club was closing early. It was a gift from God because, not only did I get to relax, but I was able to get an extra hour of time to take care of everything before my trip. needless to say it was another good day at the Boys and Girls Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment