Monday, November 8, 2010

Boys and Girls Club October 14th

On this particular thursday, I can remember being unbelievably tired. I had stayed up very late the night before, doing homework with a talkative study group, and then woke up early the next day for tennis class. I had been dreading service learning all day, but it ended up being a rather pleasant day.
I arrived feeling overwhelmed by the amount of kids jumping on me, but I was able to stay cheerful and fun with them.
After snack I noticed a lot of the kids were going to power hour t do their homework. A light bulb flashed over my head as I realized I could help the kids with homework. any of them didn't need much help, so I spent a lot of my time reading my favorite childhood books to the children their. It was incredibly relaxing and brought me back to blissful days.
I went to dinner feeling better about my experience and happy to talk to all the kids that came my way. I snuck some food off their plate (always jokingly of course, most of it they were done with) and left shortly after dinner. I really began to enjoy the time that I was spending at the club, and even look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment