Saturday, September 25, 2010

Orientation

After going to orientation I am very excited for the Boys and Girls Club! It seems like I will get to spend a lot of time with the kids and get to play some fun games! I will be working on Tuesdays which is my less busy school day, so I'm hoping it works out!
I signed up to help with sports, which should be very fun! I have never really coached anything except volleyball, and my other sport in high school was rowing (which they do not have). I think i will be helping out with basketball, which I haven't played for a while, but I am so excited to see how it turns out!
My main concerns are transportation and time. I dot have a car and i know the bus stops running at 6, which is when I leave, so I'm not sure how it will work! Also I am a little nervous about missing any days. I don't normally have to, but I have my days, a the lady at orientation seemed very strict on missing days. I understand why; nobody likes seeing these kids disappointed, but it was a little unnerving!
Nonetheless I can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment